If you have a Permanent Residency in Panama and thought you lost it because you have been out of the country for more than 2 years up to 6 years. The answer is NO.

Under Resolution 17405 of August 29th, 2019, if you have been out of the country for more than 2 years up to 6 years, any foreigner can regain his or her Permanent Residency status through a simple petition to the Immigration office, with very simple proof to regain your Permanent Residency under any category you obtained it.

Following requirements needed:

Submit a simple copy of the Resolution by which you were granted your Permanent Residency or in absence, a copy of your Permanent Residency I.D. issued by the National Immigration Services.
Submit a copy of the general information of your passport and seal of registry.
Copy of the I.D. issued by the National Cedula Agency of the National Electoral Tribunal, duly authenticated by such Agency.
Affidavit notarized by a Public Notary stating the reason why you have been absent from the national territory.
Such petition must be made by legal counsel.

The petitioner will have 30 days from entry date to the country to submit such petition of rehabilitation of the Permanent Residency Status.


Category, Uncategorized